Discord is a cross-platform voice and text chat application designed specifically for gamers.
The Discord Application allows you to stay connected to Discord voice and text chat channels even while AFK. It is permits chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have missed.
Download Discord and experience modern game chat:
– Voice chat: Join voice channels and chat with your group
– Real-time messaging: Share video, images, and text in rich chat
– Push notifications: Never miss a thing with @mentions and direct messages
– Instant Invite: Easily add friends to your voice server by sharing the Instant Invite link
– Direct messages: Send one-to-one private messages
– Multiple server support: Manage all your game chat groups in one client
– Organizable channels: Keep discussions on topic through structured communication
While Discord is currently free, Rockcliffe has a number of Discord Servers set-up allowing for an alternative to Skype in order to stay connected. The Rockcliffe servers are set-up with specific purpose for support of collaborative gaming, education course work, andÂ general chat outside of various virtual worlds.Â
In addition to the mobile version, Discord also provides a browser based version that does not require people to sign-up in order to use the browser or windowed based versions of the application. This makes it a very good environment for K-12 experiences where personal information does not need to be shared in order to use the service
Create Your Own Experience
Several of Rockcliffe’s Discord channels are open to the public and some are by invitation only. Both Community and Professional members may request a dedicated channel that benefits from Rockcliffe moderation while users are offline. This allows our community members to focus more on their communications and less on managing the server channel.Â
If you are accessing Discord for the first time, you will notice that the application can be very insistent about ‘securing’ your profile information. Currently, the application does not require you to sign-up in order to use the application although you may need to hunt a bit for the “continue without sign-in” link.Â
Professional Members can request having a dedicated voice and text channel set-up by booking through the myRockcliffe Membership Portal.Â Â