Rockcliffe is committed to the idea behind open source and open collaboration. Many Rockcliffe programs, products, and services are available to non-paying members who register as Social members with Rockcliffe.
Social Membership Benefits include:
Access to Shared Virtual Environments
- RUC Second Life Campus
- RUC OpenSimulator Campuses (Kitely and Avacon Grid)
- Rockcliffe University EveOnline Corporation
- World of Warcraft Guilds (Nunquam Redono, Nunquam Trado)
- Discuss Forums (real time chat / voice)
Access to General Student and Technical Support for each of the environments listed above during normal business hours.
Recognition of Service Contributions towards teaching and education including
- Contributions towards sharing of new published articles via social networking;
- Opportunity to publish via the peer reviewed Journal of Virtual Studies;
- Opportunity to participate as a peer reviewer for Rockcliffe journals and conferences;
- Academic engagement with open source projects;
- Volunteering at Rockcliffe sponsored conferences;
- Conducting open source classes, discussions, and forums.
Social members can display their achievements via badges on their LInkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
Social member receive the Rockcliffe Monthly Newsletter and notifications of upcoming events.
Professional educational courses towards Rockcliffe’s Digital Course Instructor Certificate can be registered for at an additional cost.
There is no cost to become a Rockcliffe Social Member – Simply register at the following link.